Hearty K9s Sales Agreement - The Way We Do Business
We make every effort to assess your personality and your needs for a
lifelong companion with the unique characteristics of the
Goldendoodle cross breed. You will need to fill out an
adoption form as the first stage of
adopting your new pup.
Your pup will have a health check at 7 weeks of age, shots updated,
dewormed, and micro-chipped.
Your pup will be socialized, and will graduate from our
We provide a two year health and hip dysplasia guarantee. If there
are any congenital or genetic problems which will inhibit the pup
from being a quality companion dog, we will accept the pup back for
a full refund or exchange. A letter explaining the pup's defect from
a certified vet must be faxed to us prior to the exchange. A phone
call is also satisfactory with a follow-up letter from the certified
vet. Vet charges and transportation costs will remain the
responsibility of the client.
Once your application has been submitted, it will be screened to
determine if a Goldendoodle is a good fit for you. You will be contacted
whether we accept your application or not. When it is determined
that you would make a good fit with the Goldendoodle cross breed, we will
require a non-refundable deposit of $250 CAN. This deposit will hold
your place on the waiting list until we acquire a good match to your
list of wants and lifestyle. We normally take 5 deposits before a
litter is born, then wait to see how many there are before accepting
When a pup is born and is determined to be a potentially good fit
for what you are looking for you will be contacted. Choosing from
the litter happens starting after their vet visit at 7 weeks of age.
We require the remaining amount owing on the pup to be paid at least
2 weeks prior to pick up or delivery if paying by personal cheque.
Final payment can be paid by cash or certified cheque on pick up
day, or by e-transfer the day before. If an unforeseen event happens
to your pup your final payment will be returned to you and your
deposit will be held for another pup. If you want to keep the pup
here with their mother up until they are 12 weeks of age there is a
$20/day charge which starts after they turn 10 weeks old.
Hearty K9s reserves the right to choose the first pup in any litter
for the use of their breeding program, or as special needs arise for
someone who requires an official service dog who has their certified
trainer involved in the process of choosing.
- Our prices are $3000 including GST for all pups (revised January 26, 2023). New clients and folks who have made a deposit before January 26, 2023 will pay the reduced price.
What sets us apart?
- A Puppy Program which is detailed and deliberate that grows a pup with huge potential. Our goal is to provide service and therapy dog quality pups in each litter who can fill those roles if and when the need arises.
- Training and seasoned advice. Sonia has taken multiple puppy rearing and dog training courses. A two hour training session of theory and practical advice is given around the time of pick up (now via Zoom with Covid-19 restrictions).
- A second 2 hour training session is offered as well, but with Covid-19 measures has not been feasible in person. Videos of these sessions are in the making.
- Our experience in breeding doodles since 2004, and our multiple repeat customers, speaks for itself.
- An updated website, with loads of information and enjoyable regular Instagram updates @ #heartyk9s_home.
- Pups who are vet checked and whose parents (with great temperaments) have general health, hip, elbow and eye clearances.
- At the time of pick up you receive a 'goodie bag' that includes a collar and slip line/leash, a stuffy that has been rubbed on Mom and siblings, vet certificate of health, microchip info and a sample of the dog food they've been eating.
- One month of free health insurance for your pup.
- Ongoing support.
You have the option to pick up your pup between 8-12 weeks. Anyone
who is considering their dog for service or therapy work, is a
novice, or has small children, is encouraged to leave their pup with
mom and/or siblings longer so they can learn from each other about
structure and boundaries. The pup may then learn to be less nippy as
well. The cost to keep your puppy here longer depends on how much
and what kind of things you would like me to be working on with your
puppy (i.e. house training, crate training, leash work etc). That
will also depend on how much time I have to do extra work with them.
So, pricing and options are determined on a case-by-case basis.
Special arrangements must be made ahead of time with me (Sonia) in
order to keep your pup here longer than 8 weeks.
If you can not pick up your puppy by 9 weeks of age, (or 2 weeks
after committing to an older pup) there will be a flat boarding fee
of $20/day. This cost includes minimal leash and/or crate work. If
you would like more extensive training while your pup is here, I do
accept limited spots based on my workload and ability to do so at
the requested time. More advanced leash work and basic house manners
would start at $50/day. House training that includes sleeping in a
crate by my bed at night, or making trips to town into welcoming
businesses, would be $200/day. For days that I am not able to put in
the extra training, the daily rate will be back down to $20/day for
board. Training prices include boarding. I will provide photos and
videos of your pup's progress during their extra stay here. Please
contact me if you have questions.
We're here for the life of your dog and are committed to helping you
have an awesome experience with your Hearty K9!
We strongly suggest that you pick up the puppy from us yourself. If
this is not possible we must receive funds to cover shipping and
crate expenses two weeks prior to the shipping date.
We hold a special place in our hearts for our pups and we want to
know how they are doing. We gladly receive and encourage updates and
- Please make all cheques payable to Dean and/or Sonia Nelson.