Hearty K9s Sales Agreement - The Way We Do Business
We make every effort to assess your personality and your needs for a lifelong companion with the unique characteristics of the Goldendoodle/ Labradoodle cross breed. You will need to fill out an adoption form as the first stage of adopting your new pup.
- Your pup will have a health check at 7 weeks of age, shots updated, dewormed, and micro-chipped.
- Your pup will be socialized, and will graduate from our puppy program.
- We provide a two year health and hip dysplasia guarantee. If there are any congenital or genetic problems which will inhibit the pup from being a quality companion dog, we will accept the pup back for a full refund or exchange. A letter explaining the pup's defect from a certified vet must be faxed to us prior to the exchange. A phone call is also satisfactory with a follow-up letter from the certified vet. Vet charges and transportation costs will remain the responsibility of the client.
- Once your application has been submitted, it will be screened to determine if a Doodle is a good fit for you. You will be contacted whether we accept your application or not. When it is determined that you would make a good fit with the Doodle cross breeds, we will require a non-refundable deposit of $250 CAN. This deposit will hold your place on the waiting list until we acquire a good match to your list of wants and lifestyle. We normally take 5 deposits before a litter is born, then wait to see how many there are before accepting more.
- When a pup is born and is determined to be a potentially good fit for what you are looking for you will be contacted. Choosing from the litter happens starting after their vet visit at 7 weeks of age. We require the remaining amount owing on the pup to be paid at least 2 weeks prior to pick up or delivery if paying by personal cheque. Final payment can be paid by cash or certified cheque on pick up day, or by e-transfer the day before. If an unforeseen event happens to your pup your final payment will be returned to you and your deposit will be held for another pup. If you want to keep the pup here with their mother up until they are 12 weeks of age there is a $50/week charge which starts after they turn 10 weeks old.
- Hearty K9s reserves the right to choose the first pup in any litter for the use of their breeding program, or as special needs arise for someone who requires an official service dog who has their certified trainer involved in the process of choosing.
- Our prices will be changing due to our increased time, energy, food, and resources which we invest in each puppy and family. We remain the leaders in breeding pups and in providing support for families to achieve success and a life-long fullfilling relationship with your pup.
Effective October 1, 2019; for those who have completed the adoption process and have submitted a deposit before September 30th, 2019, our old prices will remain in effect until June 1, 2020. The old prices are,
As of October 1, 2019, the price for any sized Hearty K9 will be $2800 (GST included).
- Standard Poodle Cross puppies (Yogi as sire): $2300
- Moyen Poodle Cross puppies (Swede or Abe as sire): $2500
- Miniature Poodle Cross puppies (Ryder or Marlo as sire): $2700
This price includes.
- A quality vet checked pup with parents who have general health, hip and eye clearances.
- A pup who has had Early Neurological Stimulation and daily socialising to help it form ideas on how to act properly in a human world. This includes the start of crate training and leash training. The pups have access to different surfaces and toys and learn to toilet outside of their nursery through a doggy door.
- One hour of theory and training given at the time of pick up.
- A 2 hour training session is offered after you've had your pup for a couple of months and which covers some very important commands to teach to your dog that becomes a way of life and makes living with them more fullfilling and fun.
- At the time of pick up you receive a collar and slip line/leash with instructions on how to use it properly, a stuffy that has been rubbed on Mom and siblings, vet certificate of health, microchip info and a sample of the dog food they're on.
- One month of free health insurance for your pup.
- You have an option to pick up your pup between 8-12 weeks. Anyone who is considering their dog for service or therapy work, or who has small children, is encouraged to leave their pup with mom and/or siblings longer so they learn from each other about structure and boundaries. The pup may then learn to be less nippy as well.
- We're here for the life of your dog and are committed to helping you have an awesome experience with your Hearty K9!
- We strongly suggest that you pick up the puppy from us yourself. If this is not possible we must receive funds to cover shipping and crate expenses two weeks prior to the shipping date.
- We hold a special place in our hearts for our pups and we want to know how they are doing. We gladly receive and encourage updates and family pictures.
- Please make all cheques payable to Dean and/or Sonia Nelson.